How Canadians do business has changed. To stay competitive and grow, small and medium-sized businesses need to adopt new digital tools.
Helping Clients Leverage Digital Technologies
Since our inception Roddis Communications has been helping clients identify tools and approaches to leverage digital tools to increase their competitiveness and improve their sales. For some clients this involved working with them on their online presence with websites or web based tools. For others it was an examination of their internal processes and how marketing and communication tools could help improve their business. The new Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP) is making that support even easier for our clients to take advantage of.
We've had a long relationship with manufacturing exporters, entrepreneurial clients who harness the power of local team members and export their products and IP to a global market. For these clients digital software and tools are a critical part of their sales process, especially since 2020 when travel to client locations or trade shows became dramatically more difficult. With smaller team sizes, understanding what tools and approaches are the best choices can be a difficult process, and competes with the day to day demands of their business.
Is the CDAP Program right for us?
The new CDAP program from the Canadian Government is providing an opportunity to investigate, analyze and create a specific roadmap to implement digital tools to improve productivity, effectiveness and efficiency. With an extremely attractive expense recovery structure, 90% of the total cost of the plan development, we believe many companies will try and take advantage of this new program. In addition to the initial plan creation, successful plans will make the organization eligible for interest free loans through BDC to support the implementation of any software, digital tools or implementation costs.
CDAP Program Overview
About the CDAP Program
CDAP is a 4 billion dollar program designed to help get your business online, improve your e-commerce presence or digitize your business’s operations. The program provides funding and support to businesses, as well as training and work opportunities for young Canadians. CDAP helps SMEs boost their e-commerce presence and digitize how they run their businesses behind the scenes.
The CDAP grants provide funding for up to 90% (or $15,000) towards contracting an authorized digital service advisor. The digital advisor will help your business develop digital technology or e-commerce adoption plans. Further funds and student work placements are available through the program to implement your digital transformation.
Are you eligible for CDAP?
Do you have between 1 and 499 employees? Are you located in Canada? Then you are eligible for the Grow Your Business Online grant.
If your business also had annual revenues between $500,000 and $100,000,000 in either 2020, 2019 or 2018, then you are eligible for the Boost Your Business Technology grant.
Two CDAP Program Streams
Two programs are available to Canadian small to medium-sized businesses. Identify the best stream for your business using the CDAP Assessment Tool.
The Boost Your Business Technology grant offers support to those who wish to adopt new digital technologies such as inventory control systems or customer relationship management tools. The Grow Your Business Online grant will enable small businesses to implement or improve e-commerce opportunities.
Currently, Roddis Communications is approved to work with clients in the Boost Your Business Technology stream!
Boost your business technology: this stream will help businesses with the development and implementation of digital adoption strategies.
- Canadian privately owned, for profit businesses with 1-499 full time employees and $500,000 of annual revenues in one of previous three years
- Must meet all requirements to be deemed a Canadian-controlled Private Corporation (CCPC)
How CDAP Works: Boost Your Business Technology
- Access the CDAP website to the Boost Your Business portal
- Complete the free Digital Needs Assessment to assess your readiness
- Complete the online grant application to cover up to 90% (max $15,000) of the cost of the digital advisory services to develop a digital adoption plan
- Now you can access the CDAP Digital Advisor Marketplace to connect with an expert digital adoption service provider to develop a plan
- Look for Roddis Communications as a potential advisor if you would like to discuss any potential project to see if we are a fit to support you.
- With a digital adoption plan completed, you can apply for an interest-free BDC loan to help execute the plan
- You will be eligible for a $7,300 wage subsidy for a funded work placement to support businesses undertaking digital transformation